“Learning is not attained by chance, it must be sought for with ardor and attended to with diligence” – Abigail Adams
Managers today have a crucial role in developing their staff, so that they are able to be informed and empowered to take critical action, in a fast paced environment. The role of the Manager today, needs more the aspect of Leadership, in that they need to “build” they people to take on higher levels of responsibility.
The Manager today needs to go beyond just “Directing & Controlling”, the Manager/Leader needs to be a Coach and a Mentor.
To equip Managers and Leaders with the essence of good coaching techniques, involving the G.R.O.W® model, enabling them to adopt a mindset of “peak performance”. Through this mindset, the program is designed to help participants with various coaching scenarios by using Active Listening, focusing on Coachee’s strengths and Organisational needs. It also incorporates the use of DISC® Personality Profiling, and its use in Coaching.
At the end of the program, participants will be able to:
- Develop a deeper level of understanding of what is a coach/mentor
- Appreciate the Competencies of a High Performance Coach
- Identify the various barriers to Coaching in the current environment
- Master the G.R.O.W.® approach to Coaching
- Set out a personal Coaching Action Plan
The participant will discover:
- What is Coaching?
- Competencies of a High Performance Coach
- The Barriers to Coaching
- What are Effective Questioning and Effective Listening Techniques
- Personality Types and Coaching
- The G.R.O.W. Model
- Qualities of Goal Setting
- Reality Questions Guideline
- What is meant by Focusing on the Circle of Influence
- Option Guidelines
- Concluding through WILL
- Setting your own Coaching Action Plan
The program will incorporate the use of :
- Example Case Study
- E-coaching (optional)
6 – 10 participants
As this program incorporates an example case study, that would be used as a guide through the course of the program. The style of the program would be facilitative and involving group work and discussions.